In February of 1951, the communicants of Holy Family Church in east McKinney opened “La Escuelita” (The Little School). Under the direction of Father Jose de Jesus Vega, a priest who had been sent from the Episcopal Diocese of Dallas, Holy Family began as a Latin-American nursery school created to care for small children whose parents were mainly agricultural laborers who worked each day in nearby fields.
For the past 70+ years, Holy Family School has continued the original mission of Father Vega and his wife, Maria Luisa Cardenas Vega. As the first school director, Mrs. Vega wanted each student to be kindergarten-ready, healthy, happy, and active. Through daily chapel sessions, the Vega Family kept Christian education and values at the forefront of life inside Holy Family School.
Licensed through the Texas Department of Family & Protective Services.